Architectural/ Structural Project Manager – Immediate Opening
Posted October 15th, 2018
We are currently seeking a highly skilled architecture or engineering professional with excellent communication, relationship building, and project management skills for the role of Project Manager in our Miami, FL office.
All candidates must have a minimum of 10 years of experience managing all phases of complex architectural/structural design projects from project set-up through design and into construction administration.
Project management experience shall be with commercial structures serving in the “prime” role with subconsultant management responsibility or multi-level parking structures.
Experience with commercial mixed use structures is a plus.
Project management candidates must have excellent communication & interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain existing client relationships and build new client relationships.
Candidates with a background in Architecture must meet the following criteria:
- Registered Architect with a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture.
- A working knowledge of AutoCAD (proficiency with Revit is a plus).
Candidates with a background in Engineering must meet the following criteria:
- Licensed Professional Engineer with a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architectural Engineering or Civil Engineering with a structural emphasis.
- A working knowledge of AutoCAD and ETABS (proficiency with STAAD, SAP2000 and/or Revit is a plus)
Responsibilities:TimHaahs Project Managers are responsible for complete project “ownership” including but not limited to:
- Implementation of our firm’s Core Values:
- Going the extra mile
- Returning all calls & emails on the same day
- Keeping clients and staff informed
- Managing all phases of projects from project set-up through design and into construction administration.
- Preparation of proposals and project interview presentations.
- Contract negotiation/management.
- Providing functional layout/design consultation.
- Coordination of project scope & schedule of deliverables.
- Chairing project meetings and preparing meeting minutes.
- Monitoring project profitability (plan & track hours, review project financial information with accounting, monitor accounts receivable, etc.)
- Coordination of all required disciplines and managing subconsultants.
- Construction administration functions.
- Building and maintaining client relationships
- Managing & mentoring junior level staff members
Our staff members are our greatest asset, which is why we place such a high degree of importance on providing comprehensive, affordable benefit plans. The types of plans we offer are carefully considered to ensure that they support the well-being and financial security of our staff members and their families. These benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Health Insurance (including prescription drug & vision coverage)
- Dental Insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (Medical & Dependent Care)
- 401k Plan (including employer matching plan)
- Paid Time Off (vacation, sick, and personal time)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Professional Association Fee Reimbursement
- Certification & Licensure Reimbursement
Competitive annual salary commensurate with education & experience.
How to Apply:
To apply, send a resume, and cover letter including salary requirements via email to email@example.com. Architectural candidates should include a sample portfolio (or a link to an electronic portfolio/website) including representative images of their design work.