Project Designer (Intern Architect) – Immediate Opening
Posted December 27th, 2017
We are currently seeking a talented design professional with excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team environment for the role of Project Designer (Intern Architect) in our Alpharetta, GA (Atlanta area) office.
The ideal candidate has a Bachelor’s or Master’s of Architecture and a minimum of 5 years of experience with all phases of commercial architectural design projects from project set-up through design and into construction administration. Experience creating graphic renderings, models and other presentation materials using a variety of methods including SketchUp and Adobe Creative Suite is also required. Experience with large scale, mixed use projects is a plus.
Professional registration (RA) is not required for this position. However, candidates who are actively working through NCARB’s Intern Development Program (IDP) and seeking future architectural registration are preferred.
All candidates must have a strong working knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit. Master planning skills including site analysis, conceptualization and final design are a plus as are hand sketching and architectural rendering skills. Please note that technical skills must be at the level in which candidates can execute assignments independently with minimal guidance or training.
Candidates must also possess the communication and interpersonal skills necessary for effective project team collaboration and relationship building (internal & external teams).
Project Designer (Intern Architect) responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working as a member of the design team in a fast-paced creative process focused on developing innovative design solutions and preparing conceptual, schematic and final designs for a variety of projects.
- Preparing documentation throughout all phases of assigned projects (SD/DD/CD).
- Assisting with all aspects of full scope project management including construction administration.
This position is an excellent opportunity for candidates seeking professional growth into a future project management/engineering leadership role.
Candidates who seek growth into a leadership role must have an interest in learning to:
• Prepare/deliver presentations at client interviews, professional seminars, etc.
• Manage & mentor junior level staff members.
• Acquire critical project management skills including contract negotiation & management, coordination of scope & schedule of deliverables, managing subconsultants and overseeing the construction administration phase of projects.
Our staff members are our greatest asset, which is why we place such a high degree of importance on providing comprehensive, affordable benefit plans. The types of plans we offer are carefully considered to ensure that they support the well-being and financial security of our staff members and their families. These benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Health Insurance (including prescription drug & vision coverage)
- Dental Insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (Medical & Dependent Care)
- 401k Plan (including employer matching plan)
- Paid Time Off (vacation, sick, and personal time)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Professional Association Fee Reimbursement
- Certification & Licensure Reimbursement
Competitive annual salary commensurate with education & experience.
How to Apply:
To apply, send a resume, cover letter including salary requirements, and a sample portfolio (or a link to an electronic portfolio/website) including representative images of your design work via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Timothy Haahs & Associates, Inc. does not accept inquires from third party recruiting agencies.