Restoration Engineer Manager
Philadelphia, PA (Headquarters) Immediate Opening
Posted March 10th, 2020
We are currently seeking a talented engineering professional with excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team environment for the role of Restoration Engineer Manager in our Blue Bell, PA or New Brunswick, NJ office.
The ideal candidate is a licensed Professional Engineer (PE) with a Bachelor’s or Masters of Science in Civil or Architectural Engineering and a minimum of 7 years of experience in structural design and restoration of concrete structures (preferably multi-level parking structures, bridges or other concrete structures exposed to harsh environmental conditions).
This position is an excellent opportunity for candidates seeking professional growth into an executive leadership/management role.
All candidates must have experience performing condition assessment, restoration engineering and construction administration services on parking structure rehabilitation projects. Candidates must have a working knowledge of AutoCAD & Revit. Proficiency with ETABS, ADAPT and SAFE is a plus. Technical skills must be at the level in which candidates can execute assignments proficiently and lead engineering tasks on project team. Candidates must have Project management experience serving in the “prime” role with subconsultant management as well as communication and interpersonal skills necessary for effective project team collaboration, relationship building (internal & external teams), and interfacing with clients, consultants, contractors and vendors.
Restoration Engineering Manager is responsible for complete project “ownership” including but are not limited to:
- Implementation of our firm’s Core Values:
- Going the extra mile for the client
- Returning all calls on the same day
- Keeping clients and staff informed
- Preparation of proposals and project interview presentations.
- Building and maintaining client relationships for new business opportunities.
- Structural and restoration engineering of cast-in-place concrete, pre-cast concrete and steel structures.
- Performing Condition Appraisals evaluating concrete and waterproofing deficiencies.
- Writing technical reports and communicating the findings and remedies.
- Developing Construction Documentations for parking structure restoration projects.
- Writing specifications for parking structure restoration projects.
- Performing construction administration services for parking structure restoration projects.
- Leading code research (building and structural).
- Asses the need for destructive and non-destructive testing.
- Mentoring and training Project Engineers.
- Conducting quality reviews and participating in peer reviews.
Candidates who seek growth into a leadership role must have an interest in learning to:
- Prepare/deliver presentations at client interviews, professional seminars, etc.
- Manage & mentor junior level staff.
Our staff members are our greatest asset, which is why we place such a high degree of importance on providing comprehensive, affordable benefit plans. The types of plans we offer are carefully considered to ensure that they support the well-being and financial security of our staff members and their families. These benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Health Insurance (including prescription drug & vision coverage)
- Dental Insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (Medical & Dependent Care)
- 401k Plan (including employer matching plan)
- Paid Time Off (vacation, sick, and personal time)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Professional Association Fee Reimbursement
- Certification & Licensure Reimbursement
- Competitive annual salary commensurate with education & experience
How to Apply:
To apply send a resume and cover letter including salary requirements via email to email@example.com.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!