Sr. Structural Engineer – Immediate Opening
Philadelphia, PA (Headquarters) Blue Bell, PA
Posted November 15th, 2019
We are currently seeking an experienced structural engineering professional with excellent communication & relationship building skills to provide technical guidance for a wide range of integrated mixed-use projects including residential, office and retail. This position is available in our Blue Bell, PA (Philadelphia) office. This position is an excellent opportunity for candidates seeking professional growth into a leadership role.
The ideal candidate is a Professional Engineer (PE) with a SE license with a Bachelor’s or Master’s of Science in Architectural Engineering (or a related engineering discipline) and 10 plus years of experience managing all phases of complex mid to high rise structural steel and cost-in-place concrete projects from project set-up through construction administration. Previous experience with parking related projects is not required for this role.
Candidates must possess the communication and interpersonal skills necessary for effective project team collaboration, management and relationship building (internal & external teams). Candidates must also have the ability to prepare and deliver presentations at client interviews, professional seminars, in-house meetings, etc. Candidates with leadership experience managing and mentoring junior level staff are preferred.
All candidates must have a strong working knowledge of ETABS, STAAD and SAP2000. Proficiency with AutoCAD and Revit is a plus.
The Structural Engineering Manager’s responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
- Implementation of our firm’s Core Values:
- Going the extra mile for clients & staff
- Returning all calls on the same day
- Keeping clients and staff informed
- Structural engineering of mid to high rise structural steel and cast-in-place concrete structures with various foundation systems.
- Managing all phases of projects from project set-up through design and into construction administration.
- Providing functional layout/design consultation.
- Performing comprehensive code analysis.
- Preparation of proposals and project interview presentations.
- Contract negotiation/management.
- Coordination of project scope & schedule of deliverables.
- Chairing project meetings and preparing meeting minutes.
- Monitoring project profitability (plan & track hours, review project financial information with accounting, monitor accounts receivable, etc.)
- Coordination of all required disciplines and managing subconsultants.
- Building and maintaining client relationships.
- Managing and mentoring junior level staff.
Our staff members are our greatest asset, which is why we place such a high degree of importance on providing comprehensive, affordable benefit plans. The types of plans we offer are carefully considered to ensure that they support the well-being and financial security of our staff members and their families. These benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Health Insurance (including prescription drug & vision coverage)
- Dental Insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (Medical & Dependent Care)
- 401k Plan (including employer matching plan)
- Paid Time Off (vacation, sick, and personal time)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Professional Association Fee Reimbursement
- Certification & Licensure Reimbursement
Competitive annual salary commensurate with education & experience.
How to Apply
To apply send a resume and cover letter including salary requirements via email to email@example.com.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.