Structural Project Engineer
Philadelphia, PA (Headquarters) & Alpharetta, GA
Posted March 10th, 2020
We are currently seeking a talented engineering professional with excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team environment for the role of Project Engineer in our Alpharetta, GA and Blue Bell, PA office.
The ideal candidate is a junior level Engineer in Training (EIT) who is actively pursuing licensure with a Bachelor’s or Master’s of Science in Civil or Architectural Engineering. 1-4 years of experience in structural design and restoration engineering preferably in multi-level parking or other commercial structures required.
All candidates must have a strong working knowledge of AutoCAD & Revit. Proficiency with ETABS, STAAD and SAP2000 is a plus. Technical skills must be at the level in which candidates can execute assignments independently with minimal guidance or training. Candidates must also possess the communication and interpersonal skills necessary for effective project team collaboration and relationship building (internal & external teams).
Project Engineer responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Structural engineering of cast-in-place concrete, pre-cast concrete and steel structures.
- Preparing engineering calculations, structural drawings and details (i.e. construction documents).
- Performing construction administration services related to shop drawing review and field visits.
- Researching code issues (building and structural).
- Assisting with all aspects of project management from project set-up through design and into construction administration.
This position is an excellent opportunity for candidates seeking professional growth into a future project management/engineering leadership role.
Candidates who seek growth into a leadership role must have an interest in learning to:
• Prepare/deliver presentations at client interviews, professional seminars, etc.
• Manage & mentor junior level staff members.
• Acquire critical project management skills including contract negotiation & management, coordination of scope & schedule of deliverables,
Our staff members are our greatest asset, which is why we place such a high degree of importance on providing comprehensive, affordable benefit plans. The types of plans we offer are carefully considered to ensure that they support the well-being and financial security of our staff members and their families. These benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Health Insurance (including prescription drug & vision coverage)
- Dental Insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (Medical & Dependent Care)
- 401k Plan (including employer matching plan)
- Paid Time Off (vacation, sick, and personal time)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Professional Association Fee Reimbursement
- Certification & Licensure Reimbursement
Competitive annual salary commensurate with education & experience.
How to Apply:
To apply send a resume and cover letter including salary requirements via email to email@example.com.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Timothy Haahs & Associates, Inc. does not accept inquires from third party recruiting agencies.